Friday, December 30, 2011

Too much cow poo on your hands? Here are a few suggestions...

Click here to link to the 'Fixed-Dome Biogas Best-Practices Manual' that Linda and I put together while volunteering in Uganda. This is the culmination of what we aggregated while bumping around in the back of a speeding Land Cruiser patrolling remote villages to see how well the 150 or so biogas plants were operating around Lake Victoria. This manual is intended as a training supplement for the SCC-Vi Field Officers that we worked with since many of the farmers that we visited are unable to read themselves. Hopefully with this step-by-step guide, more of this information will trickle down to the farmers in turn. Biogas promises a readily available way for many of the world's farmers who own little more than an earthen home and a few cows to produce their own gas for cooking and lighting.

I will never look at cow dung in the same way. It really is amazing stuff. I am also fairly sure that I am convinced to have my own Bessie some day.

 In addition, if you own your own biogas digester and are having problems, here is troubleshooting flowchart that we put together that may help:




No comments:

Post a Comment